Except in unusual circumstances as determined in its sole discretion, Syracuse University will seek to notify parents or guardians of conduct issues involving their dependent students as follows:
- In an emergency; and
- After final adjudication and finding of responsibility in all drug-related offenses; and
- After final adjudication and finding of responsibility in all offenses resulting in disciplinary probation, suspension, or expulsion.
A student is not a dependent student if the student:
- is or will be 24 years old during the academic year;
- is enrolled in a graduate or professional program;
- is married;
- is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces;
- is an international student.